The Legals Only♥
Wish to marry your love, minus the bells and whistles of a traditional wedding ceremony? Or simply in a hurry? We only need at least 31 days’ notice.
This option is also perfect for those thinking of marrying abroad – see Destination Weddings.
Below is all inclusive of my fee, unless travel and/or accommodation discussed:
Face to face catch up and coffee is on me
I will bring the required NOIM (Notice of Intended Marriage form), and we will complete it together. To do this, I need your original birth certificates and photo identification, along with an original proof of divorce (if either of you have been married before).
The NOIM must be lodged with me, at least 31 days before your wedding date and up to 18 months before
- We will discuss your basic ceremony structure, if you wish to have one at all. A ‘legals only’ is much like a registry wedding – no fuss.
- I can draft you a short and sweet ceremony script or we just complete the legal paperwork with no ceremony at all.
- I meet the both of you and your witnesses, at the location of your choice.
- I can provide the signing table and chairs if required.
- Post ceremony, I will offer the commemorative marriage certificate and ceremony script in a folder, gifted to peruse over in the years to come.
- The next business day after your ceremony, I will lodge the administrative documents to Births, Deaths and Marriages to register your marriage.
- I can offer advice on how to obtain an official marriage certificate, as your commemorative certificate cannot be used for official things like changing your name or applying for a shared Medicare card. Alternatively, for minimal fuss, I can order the official certificate on your behalf for the purchase fee.